My first memorie of reading is when I was really little, about 3, maybe. I was just learning how to read. I owned a
Blue's Clues book. I had my mom read it to me and after a while I started to memorize it. I tried to read it every day and if I forgot the words I would just make it up as I went. The first book I really read was a Haloween book called
The great big pumpkin, I think. The first chapter book I read was
Junnie B. Jones. I've loved reading since even before I could read.
1 comment:
Shaila-
What great memories! Believe it or not, a lot of kids do the same thing; they memorize their favorite book because they want to read so badly! I think it's great that you read with your mom- I try to read with my baby daily...but she usually just wants to chew on the pages :) Do you still have those other two books- "The Great Big Pumpkin" & "Junnie B. Jones?" What type of books do you read now that you are older? thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment