There are a lot of things I would change in this book, but there is one main thing I would change. I would change the way that Mary's personality changes. I understand that when people get older they change a lot, but the way Mary changes makes it seem like she is loosing personality, she sounds boring and bleak. I lose interest in the story quickly. I think Mary's personality is guessed, not known, like it was in the first book (it was her journal). I think that with a new name, a new family, new surroundings, new point of views Mary loses her own opinions and feels like she needs to have the same thoughts as people around her. I know Mary is a strong and respectable person in her tribe, but she seems like she has little personality. I liked her in the first book because she wasn't as quick to judge, she was nicer and didn't participate in gossip around the settlement. Mary had plenty of personality as a child but lost is as she got older.
3 comments:
I KNOW I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT I FINISHED MY BOOK WHERE THE MAIN CHARACHTER DAVID GOES FROM BE INOCENT AND CAREFULL TO RUDE AND TROUBLE MAKEING TO NICE AGAIN IT CAN GET PRETTY CONFUSING BUT I DO KIND OF HATE IT WHEN THE AUTHORS DOES THAT BUT I GUESS ITS TO MAKE THE BOOK MORE ENTERTAINING I GUESS?
I so agree with you. So many authors do this in their scramble to finish the book, it makes the book suck in the end...
I like your perspective about what you would change. It's especially hard to accept a character's change in personality when you know that the author could make it any way he/she wanted!
Post a Comment